Thank you for your interest in participating in the ‘Sun Safe’ Art Contest!
- The following art mediums will be accepted: drawing, painting, photograph, graphic art, collage.
- Artwork must be submitted by May 17, 2013.
- Students must learn the Sun Safety skills, then create an original work that compliments the knowledge they have gained about protecting themselves from the sun.
- Applicants are required to submit the following information:
- Title for artwork
- E-mail address
- Entries submitted may not be larger than 11”x17”.
- Participants will allow the University of Arizona Skin Cancer Institute to display winning artwork during the Living in Harmony with the Sun event (June 8, 2013) at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Artwork submitted may be submitted by individuals or groups.
- A first place winner, a second place winner and a third place winner will be chosen for two separate age groups – middle school and high school.
- Winners (6) will receive day passes to visit the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Schools attended by the first place winners will be awarded a Protect Your Skin kit, including sunscreen for student use and signs reminding students to protect their skin from the sun.
- Please submit artwork by mailing or dropping off to:
Skin Cancer Institute/ Arizona Cancer Center
1515 N. Campbell Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85724
No purchase necessary. Winners will be chosen by qualified judges at the University of Arizona Skin Cancer Institute. Contest runs from 05/6/13 through 05/17/13; all eligible entries must be received by 11:59 MT on 5/17/13. The winner will be chosen and notified via email by 5/22/13. Entrant may only submit one (1) work for consideration. Contest is open to all students, except where otherwise prohibited. For complete rules of entry or to obtain a list of winners, contact The University of Arizona Skin Cancer Institute at 520-626-1037.